To quote William Congreve: "Music has charms to sooth a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." It's music time again for my Thursday 13. Whether I'm sad, angry, inspired or in need of inspiration, music never fails to give me transcendence.
Here's 13 musicians or bands that you should hear to make your existence more worthwhile. Keyword: more worthwhile (I'm not saying your existence is not already worthwhile... smile). I'm naturally a music pimp, so if an artist is worth listening to, I promote them with zeal.
- Nina Gordon - "My hero said you can't hold the hand of a Rock n' Roll man, but what if I can?"
- The Sundays - "Hope I'll never wake when I'm thinking about you..."
- Dan Mills - "She may not know the finest wines but she knows a fast way home."
- Damien Rice - "If you don't shoot it how am I suppose to hold it."
- Tori Amos - "I won't hold on to the tail of your kite."
- The Temper Trap - "Oh, reckless abandon like no one's watching you."
- Regina Spektor - "We're living in a den of thieves, rummaging for answers in the pages."
- Feist - "He's my Brandy Alexander always gets me into trouble."
- Florence + The Machine - "A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes."
- Skunk Anansie - "So you should be by yourself instead of here with me... secretly."
- Morcheeba - "It's all part of the process. We all love looking down."
- Charlotte Martin - "I have only stalked a couple guys but they were not about surprises. Don't run away 'cause baby I'm your dream."
- Dishwalla - "Download my dread. Disarm my mind. Make it dry."
What's your 13? Feel free to share!