Musing Mondays (August 9)



Musing Mondays is hosted by Miz B in Should be Reading.

For this week's musing, Miz B, created a little twist of the meme. It's like a round robin kind of thingy. I'm answering AlleluiLu's question:

Have you ever read the first book in a series that bothered you and were you able to walk away from the series or did you read the rest of the books just to find out what happened next or if things got better? Was it worth it?

I don't think I've ever walked away from a series. Even if the first book did not hold that much interest for me, I always get suckered by the second book. Curiosity always get the best of me. If the books don't have that much hook, I'm always optimistic that maybe the succeeding books will save the previous books. Sometimes the succeeding book can redeem the previous books and sometimes it's not worth it (and I would blame myself the whole why I wasted my hours reading the crap). I've always been (over and over again) a victim of the "Curiosity killed the cat".

Next question will be: "Have you ever read a book from your most favorite author that disappointed you, bordering on removing her/him from your list of favorite authors?

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I don't really wait for books in a series. Some series books are stan alone and that suits me fine!

You can also answer my question at my Musing Mondays post!

Gigi Ann said...

I started to read the series Fern Michael's wrote about the vigilante ladies, but lost interest, after about 3 or 4 books, so quit reading the series.

I answered your question here: http://annsreadingcorner.blogspot.com

Cat said...

I can think of one series that I've read far into and then for me it fizzled out. That was the Sookie Stackhouse series. I haven't read the latest because (this will sound stupid but oh well) they just started get far fetched for me. ha! ha!

Here's my link to my MM: Composing Cat

caite said...

oh, I have walked away from series..yep. Sometimes I liked the first, but then the second just did nothing for me or was repetitious..and I just gave it up. There are too many books to read to waste time on one that is not great!

AlleluiaLu said...

Thanks for answering my question. You seem to be an optimist and, so am I really. Usually, I can't wait to get to the next book in a series, but it just didn't happen for me with this one. I am curious about Lisbeth, but the teaser at the end of the 1st book really didn't make me want to read the next one.

Nise' said...

I've walked away from a couple of series that lost my interest.

I have not walked away from a favorite author for disappointing me with a book or two. It happens.

Post a Comment