Booking Through Thursday: First Book

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted here: http://btt2.wordpress.com/.

This week's BTT is:

What is the first book you remember reading? What is it about the first book that made you really love reading?

I was first introduced to Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew but I never really finished the books. I then got hooked on Sweet Valley Twins when I was still in 5th grade. One of classmates lent me a copy of one of the series. If I remember correctly, the first Sweet Valley Twins book I've ever owned is Elizabeth's First Kiss. Todd and Elizabeth were my first favorite couple. After that I started reading Sweet Valley High. As always, I want to read the whole series but Francine Pascal just continued adding more books. I never got to finish the whole series.

The first book that really made me love reading more is Sidney Sheldon's Rage of Angels. It's the first book that made me cry. Because of that book, I started reading all of Sidney Sheldon's books even if my Literature professor told me that Sidney Sheldon books are crap. Hahaha... I can't still remember him telling the whole class like it was yesterday when in fact, it was 16 years ago. After that the rest is history, I got into Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood Jude Deveraux, etc, etc.

If one can say that there's an addiction on reading, then I have that affliction. I'm a book junkie and I blame it all on Sidney Sheldon. =)

"... Tell us of the secret hosts of evil, O Cimon:
Their names may not be spake aloud lest they profane mortal lips,
for they came out of unholy darkness and attacked the heavens, but they
were driven away by the rage of angels..."
- from Dialogues of Chios

2 comments:

Anne said...

I had to Google who Enid Blyton is. XD Thanks for visiting!

Darlyn said...

LOL. I love Eenyd Blyton too! she's like my first fav author!

Post a Comment