BTT: Day and Night



Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted here: http://btt2.wordpress.com/.

This week's question:

Do you divide your books into day and night reads? How do you decide?

Before, I would read anything be it day time or night time. Time was not an issue. When I started reading Kathy Reichs' first book, Deja Dead, I realized that I don't have the stomach to read it during the night. Her descriptions of decapitated bodies and maggots had me imagining the worst  at 2 in the morning. I decided then that I will only read my bible and books that are light reads during night time. The morbid and gruesome books are reserved to be read with the sun on.

Note: By the way, I'm still not yet finished reading Deja Dead. Yes, it played tricks in my mind. Everytime I reach for it, I remember her description of the maggots squirming on the floor. Ugh! Disgusting. I wonder if I'll ever finish it.

For more BTT, please visit http://btt2.wordpress.com/.

9 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I would never even touch that book. LOL...

I am more or less a one book at a time reader, whether it is day or night.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Deja Dead... but you're right... that's not a "nighttime" book, by any means!

~MizB

Anne said...

Thanks for dropping by Gramma Ann and Miz B. Glad you agree with me. I'm not the only one! XD

Bev Hankins said...

Your reaction to Deja Dead....that's precisely why I don't read that sort of thing.

gautami tripathy said...

I said elsewhere..I read whatever I am reading anytime! Maybe not about Deja Dead! LOL!

Here is my Day and Night reply!

Sugar and Snark said...

Yea maybe its not a good idea to read that at night :)

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Oh wow yeah, Deja Dead is deeeefinitely not a nighttime read! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saves light reads for the night! :)

Natalie W said...

One of my favorite Reichs book! I'm the opposite, I love reading scary books at night. It just adds to the eeriness! :0)
Natalie
BTT

Trish said...

Wow - I don't think I'll be reading that one. I love all the different responses to this question!

Post a Comment